Ravico was founded in 1907 providing food supplies to the Belgian Colonies. The name comes from the french “Ravitaillement Colonial”
Today, this 100% family owned company has expanded the business to produce and export a full range of Belgian Specialities all over the world through many importers/distributors. Our products are fresh and ambiant with packaging designed for long travel and long shelf life mainly targetted to Catering, Industry and Food Services.
In 2009 Ravico took over the production line of the GUMPERT company manufacturing well known bakery ingredients. Before 2009 we were already exporting this range, since 2010 we produce the range ourselves.
In 2013 Ravico took over the company Ellphi Development® to further develop our "no sugar added product range". We now produce our own sugar replacement product offered mainly to the industry but also other markets such as food services and distributors in Belgium and worldwide.
Our main ranges are:
- Belgian Chocolate (couverture, decoration, different sized cups, cocoa powder, fantasy choco tubes, chocolate toppings, inclusions, ...)
- Sugars (Ingredients, pearl sugar, candy syrup, decoration sugar, icing sugars, rock candies, ...)
- Pastries with vegetable fat or butter (small sized bouchee, pastries to fill, wafer baskets, different sized tartlets, buns, baba, ...)
- Fruit toppings for ice-cream, cake decorations, sweet & sour gourmet, plate decorations, ....
- Bakery mixes (bread mixes, cakes, chocolate mousses, custard cream, sponge cake, brownies, ice-cream mixes, pancake, belgian waffles)
- Sugar replacement: we produce our own sugar replacement (ellphi) for use in the bakery. Very easy to use as it does not induce loss of mass and van be baked at usual bakery temperature. More information can be found on the Ellphi website
Throughout the years we created a network of importers and distributors worldwide. We value long standing relationships with our importers/distributors and many created Ravico offices in their own market:
RAVICO USA was created in 2008 to distribute our goods within the USA market.
Ravico USA head office is in Towson, MD and have inventories on both the East coast and West coast of the USA.
Regular shipment are happening between Ravico belgian offices and the USA warehouses and the US customers can benefit our products in small quantities with a very low leadtime.
RAVICO China was created in 2009 to distribute our goods in China.
Ravico China head office is in Shanghai and regular containers are shipped from Belgium to supply goods to the China market. Mostly in the food service and in the bakery industry.
RAVICO Japan was created in 2011 to distribute our goods in Japan.
Ravico Japan head office is in Kobe. the japanese market seeks more high class typical belgian specialties and we provide selection of these items on the belgian markets for our japanese distributors. We do more retail items in Japan but we also ship bulk products that are repacked by japanese companies for distribution in their own market.
RAVICO Belgium deals with the importers and distributors in the rest of the world from the Belgium offices. Ireland, United Kindgom, Korea, Australia, Spain, Greece, France, Norway are our main markets.
We attend the major food shows to exhibits our ranges: Sial, Anuga, ISM, Fancy Food show, Sirha, Gulfood, Food & Hotel Korea, Bakery China, Foodex, ...
Registred address: Rue Tilmont, 64 - 1090 Brussels - Belgium
Corporate address: Scheersmolendreef, 34 - 1840 Londerzeel - Belgium